Staff Notices: 2013Edit
17 SmashBlox LagEdit
- Staff Notices SmashBlox Lag - Uncle Kenny Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:37 pm
We've ended new tournaments for now as we're attempting to address the issues with lag in the game. We'll update this once we have more information.
18 Late Night UpdateEdit
- Staff Notices Late Night Update - Uncle Kenny Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:09 am
Late Night Update
As you may have noticed, there are still no tournaments available to play in SmashBlox. Unfortunately, we haven't found an efficient solution to fix the issue of lag in the game despite throwing ourselves at it until about 9 tonight. We'll start again bright and early tomorrow to get things hammered out to have the game playable again as soon as possible. Sorry for all the issues with this launch!
In unrelated news, we've removed the PowerUser Menu lab option and turned on all available menu navigation options for all users. Enjoy!
Lastly, there were complications with removing HoC from the site today that caused the Facebook version of the game to also go down. We have fixed this bug and the game should be available on Facebook again now, sorry for any inconvenience. Now that the game is down on the site, we plan to address the issues of converting Chaos Cash to Gaia Cash and granting the achievements out. Once we have an update on those, we'll let you know, but rest assured that we are still planning on doing this.
18 Smash Blox UpdateEdit
- Staff Notices Smash Blox Update - codemonkey37179 Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:20 am
Smash Blox Update
As many of you know, we have had some problems with Smash Blox overnight, and Narumi, Uncle Kenny and I have been working into the wee small hours to set things right.
If you have had any problems from this morning (Sept 18, 8 am pst) on, please post it in this thread. Thanks
20 SmashBlox WoesEdit
- Staff Notices SmashBlox Woes - Uncle Kenny Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:30 pm
Yeah, the cash tournaments are down again. We've discovered an exploit in the game that allows users to get scores that were far higher than what they should be able to get. Until we fix this exploit, we've disabled the cash tournaments since it presents an unfair advantage for the users who know of the exploit. We will have this fixed and the cash tournaments back up ASAP so sit tight and we'll update you once we're back up again. In the meantime, feel free to play the free tournament! Sorry for all the trouble this has caused!
22 SmashBlox Lives Again!Edit
- Staff Notices SmashBlox Lives Again! - Uncle Kenny Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:32 am
SmashBlox Lives Again!
Sorry for the extended downtime again but we've put the game back up in its full capacity with all tournament levels available. We've put in quite a few patches that should fix issues with levels not loading, scores not adding up correctly, scores saving the wrong value, games quitting in the middle of the level with moves and time remaining, and especially with the excess lag between each move. If you continue to encounter issues, please report them in Codemonkey's thread here.
For those concerned about how the downtime will affect the ongoing giveaway with the game, we're aware of the issues it presents and will make a decision on it on Monday.
24 Smashblox Stress TestEdit
- Staff Notices Smashblox Stress Test - Narumi Misuhara Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:23 pm
Smashblox Stress Test
Hey guys, we need your help! We want to get as many people playing Smashblox as possible. This will help us see if there are trouble spots and get them fixed so you'll have a smoother experience going forward. So to do that, for the next several hours, you can enter the tournaments in Smashblox completely free, and you can win up to 10,000 Gaia Gold!
Go Play Smashblox!
- Staff Notices Boom! - Uncle Kenny Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:41 pm
Sorry for the short outage. A change made during the stress test for SmashBlox caused our DBs to explode (not literally). They're all coming back up now and everything should be stable and back to normal within a few minutes. Thanks for your patience!
24 Smashblox Stress Test Ending!Edit
- Staff Notices Smashblox Stress Test Ending! - Narumi Misuhara Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:36 pm
Smashblox Stress Test Ending!
Hey guys, the stress test has been extremely helpful but sadly will be ending soon at 5PM PST. Make sure to not to miss out on your chance to win up to 10,000 Gaia Gold ...Free!
Go Play Smashblox!
19 A seasonal treat for you... Switchem!Edit
- Staff Notices A seasonal treat for you... Switchem! - admin Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:47 pm
A seasonal treat for you... Switchem!
We know that you like Trick-or-Treating, but sometimes we just aren't feeling much like tricksters. Sometimes we just want to give you a treat.
Since you've asked us for more fun and cute games on Gaia, as part of your Halloween surprise this year, we're pleased to introduce you to our new game called Switchem - a cute yet challenging tile-matching game that we think you will all love!
Please feel free to check out the game HERE!
And check out the thread with a game-play mini-FAQ HERE!
Hope you enjoy this and have fun with it!
Have a spooktacular evening everyone!
30 Last Call for Turkey!Edit
- Staff Notices Last Call for Turkey! - Uncle Kenny Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:28 pm
Last Call for Turkey!
If you haven’t slipped into a weekend-long food coma or been trampled in a stampede of shopping fury, be sure to spend a few minutes enjoying our Thanksgiving festivities this weekend. Everything will turn off at 12:00pm PST on Monday, December 2 so if you haven’t obtained all the items in Switchem, become a crackshot in Gobble Gobble Bang Bang, or received a special Thanksgiving item from [NPC] Turkey then head on over and do so now!
- Announcement Introducing the Playpen's Halo-A-Day Prize Giveaway! - [NPC] Rufus the Cat Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:52 pm
- Announcement Update on Smashblox Issues and Halo-A-Day Giveaway - siskataya Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:08 pm
- Announcement Smashblox Play Test Part Deux - Narumi Misuhara Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:27 pm
- October - November
- Announcement Smashblox is back! - [NPC] Rufus the Cat Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:46 pm
- Announcement It's Switchem - A cute & challenging tile-matching game! - admin Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:15 pm
- Announcement Change is coming to Smashblox! - [NPC] Rufus the Cat Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:32 pm
- Announcement The Playpen's Win Some Wings Sweepstakes! - [NPC] Rufus the Cat Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:15 pm
- Announcement Thanksgiving is coming to Gaia! - [NPC] Turkey Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:52 pm
- Announcement Play Pen Returns with Exclusive Prizes and Reward Tiers! - [NPC] Rufus the Cat Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:16 am
- Announcement PlayPen Winners! - [NPC] Rufus the Cat Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:33 pm
- Announcement New Round of PlayPen Winners! - [NPC] Rufus the Cat Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:29 pm
- Announcement New Round of PlayPen Winners! - [NPC] Rufus the Cat Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:14 pm
- Announcement We have our new round of Playpen Winners! - [NPC] Rufus the Cat Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:04 pm
- Announcement It's time for our new Playpen winners! - [NPC] Rufus the Cat Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:02 pm