What the Fluff?! Began June 19, 2013 Ended July 8, 2013 Previous Easter 2k13 Next Not available
The Summer 2k13 was Gaia Online's fifth summer event.
Ever since the Easter Bunny left a bunch of beat-up fluffs strewn all over the place, Blaze has made it her mission to help rescue these little critters. She is looking for Gaians to foster some fluffs back to health. This annual Summer event was also a test run of Gaia's upcoming Pet system. This event gave Gaians tools to learn how to care for their temporary pet.
- May 29
- mini comic What the fluff?!.
- June 19
- What the Fluff?! begins.
- Wing Sticker appears.
- mini comic What the fluff?! Pt. 2.
- June 28
- Event is extended by five days from its original end date due to technical issues.
- July 03
- Wing Sticker is removed as stated on June 28th notice.
- July 08
- What the fluff?! ends.
- mini comic What the fluff?! Conclusion .
- Announcement of Event Bundle.
- July 09
- Site Notice about future Event Bundles.
[NPC] Cindy DonovinhEdit
The event concluded with a mini comic that featured The Easter Bunny still being upset that Gaians were taking care of fluffs and presumed it was due to their cuteness and still felt bitter that no one came to his aid during his attack. He stated that he would go after Jack.
Criticism & ComplimentsEdit
Gaians were able to raise fluffs in Towns2 to earn items and achievements.
- Listing What the Fluff Balloon
How to get it: Redeem your first fluff with Blaze
- Listing What the Fluff Participation Shirt
How to get: Play 5 games with your fluff
- Listing What the Fluff Pet
How to get: Raise and redeem 3 fluffs with Blaze
- Listing Pegacorn Fluff Pet*
How to get: Redeem a Pegacorn fluff with Blaze * This item will function as an actual pet in the full launch of the Gaia Pets system
- Listing What the Fluff Feed - Price: 5 Wing Stickers
- Listing What the Fluff Bike - Price: 40 Wing Stickers
- Listing What the Fluff 2k13 Event Bundle - Price: 249 Gaia Cash
- Listing Red Flame Bike - Price: Exclusive
Main article: Event Achievements
- Achievement 1 - Pet Lover
How to get: Raise a fluff's happiness to 100%
Titles: Animal, Lover
- Achievement 2 - Pet Trainer
How to get: Play 15 games with your fluff
Titles: Playful, Trainer
- Achievement 3 - Fluff Rehab
How to get: Raise and turn in 5 fluffs to Blaze
Titles: Fluffy, Vet
- Achievement 4 - Fluff Reclamation
How to get: Raise and turn in 10 fluffs to Blaze
Titles: Compassionate, Caretaker
- Achievement 5 - Fluff Healer
How to get: Give 20 treats to other fluffs in the event forum
Titles: Fluff, Healer
- This is the first event that would test out a site feature, the Pet system. The Isle de Gambino map was expanded to include activities for users and their fluffs and in addition the neighborhoods were updated to include arrows and new popup 'enter home' buttons.
- After the event was over there was an announcement for the release of an Event Bundle, this bundle contains the event items gathered during the event and also a recolor of a Treehouse item. However, due to feedback and possible effect of future events that involved item collecting, any future bundles will contain recolors or bonuses rather than simply earned items.
While the first day of an announced event always results in massive game play by Gaians, it is expected that there will be some glitches which are usually resolved within hours by the Developers. However, for this event the most major tech issues began to happen during 27th and 28th of June.
- Site & Forum
- Giving and Receiving treats not yielding a result to the persons.
- Achievements not being granted for hours or days after completing the required task.
- The Wing Sticker was stated to be removed on the 3rd (the original end date for the event) there were reports that users could not collect the sticker while other reports of being able to obtain it on the last day, however, it is unknown if this was truly a technical issue or a time zone issue.
- Gaia Towns
Various errors happened in Towns2
- No sound.
- Stuck on loading screen at 99% or 100%.
- Lagging and slow reaction time.
- Reports of houses not being present even though they were purchased.
- Accessing Durem map, the avatar was invisible until entering the elevator.
- Seeming to disappear when loading an area or a home.
- Duplication, two of the same fluff following a caretaker.
- Commanding to go to bed resulted in fluff still following caretaker in Towns.
- Not being considered in care with popups showing that the fluff belonged to "Someone else." Along with unequipping and requipping randomly.
- Status bars not increasing despite proper caring actions; such as Happiness and Loyalty either being stuck or depleting without reason.
- Care actions
- At times the action buttons to feed, bed, or wash fluff would not respond.
- Feeding fluff food yielded no change in it's status bars.
- Washing resulting in the wash animation for other fluffs within range.
- When energy and health was half or full a pop up would claim the fluff was tired and returned Home.
- The Honey(Bee) fluff when facing backward, would turn into a Citrus fluff when washed or put to bed.
- Tac-Toe, no response when commanding to hop onto a square.
- Dance, continuous hoping when not given the command to do so.
- Run, loading of next area resulting not continuing the run.
- Being transported resulting in being stuck in buildings or areas one could not get out of without Pathfinder or reloading area.
- Some reports of finding other Gaians and Fluffs in plots or homes not belonging to them.
- Tac-Toe, both opponents being on the opposite square of what they were assigned upon game play. Such as Player X being on Player O's platform. Also players seeing other people present in game session, supposedly not how it's meant to be.
- Dance, loading the game resulting in a completely white space with no background or scenery.
- Run, music not fully loading and instead the sound of Cop fluff eating donuts. Also fluff not following caretaker when entering next area.
- Summer 2k13 guide
- Summer items (event)
- ↑ Collect all the What The Fluff items in our event bundle! - [NPC] Mintaka & Rigel. Page1 Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:00 pm Retrieved on 2013 Jul 09
- ↑ Original event items will no longer be available in future Cash Shop Event Bundles - siskataya. Page63 Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:09 pm Retrieved on 2013 Jul 09
- Landing page What the Fluff?!
- Announcement Gaia's Summer Event: What the Fluff? - [NPC] Cindy Donovinh Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:21 pm
- Announcement Collect all the What The Fluff items in our event bundle! - [NPC] Mintaka & Rigel Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:00 pm - Announced 8th
- Forum What the Fluff -
- Subforum What the Fluff » Bug Reports -
- Announcement [OFFICIAL] What the Fluff Event & Pet Care Guide - Uncle Kenny Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:36 am
- Announcement Where the Fluff?!?! Contest - Snap a pic and you could win! - siskataya Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:00 pm
- Announcement What the Fluff Rules & Guidelines - The Admin Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:37 pm
- Sticky A few tips for everyone - lanzer Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:37 pm
- Sticky Don't forget to grab your Wing Sticker! - siskataya Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:26 pm