The Secret Prom 2010 Dress Contest began April 28, 2010, and was not announced site wide, instead it was posted in the Gaia Community Discussionss forum as a Sticky Thread by Axilla Rose. Gaians had until May 10th to submit their entries as May 11th was the voting stage. The promo was: Why wear somebody else's fashions to the prom hen you can create your own? Show us your classiest, wildest, most colorful or imaginative designs for the perfect prom dress, and you could win big!
Be on the lookout for a brand new Secret hangout, were you'll be able to show off your prom fashions with friends.
Entrant must also supply a valid email address as part of the registration process and such other identification information as is requested. No entries will be accepted after 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time (PT), May 11th, 2010. Each Entrant must be an individual who is at least the age of majority in his or her jurisdiction of residence for the duration of the Promotion Period. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, shall determine the eligibility of Entrants and the time of entry.
Entries must adhere to the following requirements:
- Entries must be created in a simple, Gaia-compatible web-based format
- Entries must provide a hyperlink to entrant's submission image;
- Entries must be original, and the entrant must have all rights necessary to submit the entry;
- Entries must not, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, contain any sexually explicit, profane, disparaging, libelous or other inappropriate content; and
- Entries must not, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service.
Sponsor reserves the right to reject any entry for any reason.
Entries will be judged according to the following criteria:
- ORIGINALITY: 1/3rd
- CLARITY OF PRESENTATION OF IDEA: 1/3rd
- FEASIBILITY OF CONVERSION TO GAIA AUTO ITEM: 1/3rd
Contest Info pt2Edit
|Rules & Guidelines|
Although the official thread states that Finalist would be announced on May 17th or 21st, the finalist were not site announced and the winning dress appeared as a free item on June 1, 2010, and could be gotten by visiting the Sponsorship World: "Secret Prom 2010".
- Black Widow designed by lia_chan-do-po
- Named after a species of spider, this delightfully bleak dress features a delicate web pattern.
- By May 11th, 20 entries had been chosen to be voted on, this contest marks the most entries to be displayed for voting. Much to the disappointment of Gaians, only one entry was chosen to win instead of a second or third place being created as well.
(Note: Page Disabled commonly happens with completed contests)