School Survival Guide was a brief series of informative articles about making the most of your scholastic experience. It started Tuesday September 08, 2009, and ended Monday September 28th at midnight.
While participating in this Event, Gaians were given a "forum title". These titles changed depending on how much the Gaian posted in the forums, Guild post however did not count toward a title change.
The Guides were posted a few days apart, and would contain a subject for survival. In each guide an NPC commented about their personal experiences in relation to the subject.
- Gaia Thread: School Survival Guide 1: Getting Dates & Attracting Mates!
- Gaia Thread: School Survival Guide 2: Getting a Great Nickname!
- Gaia Thread: School Survival Guide 3: Dealing with Humiliation!
The following NPCs that were in this Event (alphabetical order):
- Agatha / Devin / Edmund / Gino Gambino / Ian / Johnny K. Gambino / Josie / Liam / Moira / Natasha / Sam / Sasha
- Hooky team captain: [0 Posts]
- Truant: [25 Posts]
- Underachiever: [50 Posts]
- C- Student: [150 Posts]
- Honor roller: [500 Posts]
- Teacher's Pet: [750 Posts]
- Cum Laude: [1000 Posts]
- Magna Cum Laude [1500 Posts]
- Summa Cum Laude [3000 Posts]
- SCHOOL LEGEND: [3000 Posts]
- Dunce Cap - "D" is for dunce, dummy! :P
- Textbook Tower - Textbook case of disaster waiting to happen.
- Antique Globe - Antique in the sense that it's covered with a patina of at least three generations of geography students' grimy fingerprints.
Though the Event gave a chance for Gaians to win a Wii, the contest itself barred Gaians outside the U.S.A, so it was U.S. residents only. Admin made an annoucement to explain why this was done.
The items were well received, though Gaians felt that the last item, the globe, was a weak ending.