Released on January 12, 2009, PuriGaia is a fun new toy for Facebook users: PuriGaia. With it they can craft goofy Gaia-style photo booth images and share them with friends. It's already packed with features, as the friendly bulleted list below reveals.
copied verbatim from announcement
- Take photos with your webcam or raid your own Facebook photo galleries. You can even snag photos from your friends' galleries.
- Choose from hundreds of stamps and frames to add extra pizzazz.
- Plop in some avatars from your Gaia friends list.
- Embolden your image with "beautify" filters like softenbright and puristyle.
- Post your creation on your wall or send it off to friends.
- You can edit photos your friends make, and they can edit yours!
In Japanese popular culture, Purikura (プリクラ Purikura) refers to a photo sticker booth or the product of such a photo booth. The name is a shortened form of the a registered trademark purinto kurabu (プリント倶楽部, Purinto Kurabu). The term derives from the English print club. Jointly developed by Atlus and Sega, the first purikura were sold in July 1995.
- Announcement: PuriGaia: Create and Share Gaia Photo Collages on Facebook!