Moderator, also known as Mod, are authoritative figures on Gaia Online.
The Moderators are people who moderate and assist in the Gaia Forums on the Gaia Online website. Most moderators work from their own home, and are volunteers. Their usernames are green with the word 'Site' 'Global' or 'Omni' Moderator under their username.
Although privacy and anonymity are important to Gaia, they are equally concerned with members who might try to conduct illegal activities, abuse, harass, or degrade the Gaia experience for others. In the event this happens, members are able to report to moderators, who can offer help when needed. Gaia has a large staff of site moderators whose job it is to enforce the Terms of Service and move - or when necessary, remove, items from the site that are counter to the stipulated rules of conduct. Moderators may remove and ban any members who do not adhere to the Terms of Service from the site.
To contact a Moderator users need simply send them a PM. To find the moderators using the [View Forum Moderators] link located at the top of each forum. It should be noted that due to the large volume of contacts, it may take several days to receive a reply. If a moderator feels that a question has already been covered and documented, she/he may refer you to the FAQ for answers.
Levels of ModeratorsEdit
Copied verbatim from a [View Forum Moderators] page- 'as of 2014 November.
Omni Moderators: Responsible primarily for account issues, hacking and scamming cases, as well as special projects related to account security and site safety.
If you need to report a Hacking or Scamming case, please use the Report a Hacking or Report a Scamming forms instead of PMing a Moderator.
Global Moderators: Responsible for Abuse and Harassment cases, as well as help oversee Terms of Service violations across the entire site. Global Moderators may have other special functions that are specific to a particular role.
If you need to report an Abuse or Harassment case, please use the Report Abuse/Harassment form instead of PMing a Moderator.
Site Moderators: Responsible for specific forums on the site, as listed above, handle Terms of Service Violations and thread move requests. These moderators also cover Gaia games, chat rooms, towns, and other features of Gaia.
Forum Assistants: (formerly "Helpers" and "Moderator Assistants") Responsible for thread moves only in specific forums they are assigned to. Forum Assistants DO NOT assist users with Terms of Service violations.
In order to apply to become a moderator users must meet these requirements.
- To be of age, (18+)
- Disclose real-life name in full.
- Have at least 300 forum postings (not-spam).
- Report at least 100 ToS violations.
- Account must be at least 6 months old.
- Topic Report System, Mod Structure, PM System Overhaul! - Posted: Jakobo Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:18 am
- Topic New moderator and staff colors are launching today - Posted: admin Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:11 pm
- Topic Apply to become a Gaia moderator - Posted: admin Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:02 pm
- Topic Moderator Application FAQ - Posted: admin Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:18 pm
- Topic Interested in being a Moderator for Gaia Online? Apply now! - Posted: admin Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:36 pm
- Topic Looking for Forum Assistants - Join the team! - Posted: Sandokiri Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:59 pm