Diedrich decides to nominate itself as Gaia Online's first President.
In response to the real life presidential elections of the United States, Gaia Online created a similar event involving the use of Diedrich, how had not been seen in over several months from the last event. This was meant to be a small fun even before Christmas.
Event Beginning: First Day & Rest of the EventEdit
- Nov 5
- Announcement by Diedrich
- Nov 6
- Announcement by Friedrich, and debut
- Gaia Presidential Debate begins
- Nov 7
- Event ends, Diedrich declared winner
- Mini Comic update: Running Mate
[NPC] Diedrich: AnnouncementEdit
Hi! Hello! Did you know that everyone has been talking about president things? This is true, I have heard it. I am becoming quite annoyed about it, just as everyone has become quite annoyed about me.
But it has given me an incredibly important idea. Maybe the MOST important idea. I will now be running for president, because as far as I know there is no president of Gaia. I will be running unopposed, but I look forward to getting your vote tomorrow.
Here is my official policy platform:
Thank you, Gaia. Thank you for me being your president tomorrow. Thank you for this. Really, bye, thank you. Thank you so much. Goodbye. Goodbye now. I will see you later. Thank you. Bye bye. See you later. OK, bye. Thank you. Goodbye and thank you.
- Diedrich, About To Be President of Gaia - Bye again
[NPC] Friedrich: AnnouncementEdit
Hello. Hi and hello. Hi there. It has come to my attention that Diedrich is running unopposed for president of Gaia. Diedrich is a good man, a family man, and I wish him well in all things.
Except that I also want to be president, and he can basically go to hell.
I realize that I am a newcomer in the political arena, but I look forward to earning your vote in a healthy and vigorous debate. While I look and sound almost exactly like Diedrich, that is just a coincidence. I am probably a clone of him, or something. But our policies would be very different.
In order to make an informed choice, and since we are essentially winging this whole deal by the seat of our pants, Gaia's president will be determined by a single debate.
Mr. Diedrich and I will be arguing at each other all day, and you can tune in whenever and let us know which policies you like best on each issue. Whoever's button gets dingled the most will be the president.
This system makes perfect sense to Diedrich and I, but I will admit that our brains are like walnuts and we are on the very lowest percentiles of smartness, even compared to things like jellyfish.
Please watch the debate now, and hit buttons to say which answers you like. Please only hit my button, because I am good. Thank you and goodbye forever.
The votes were counted and Diedrich came out on top. In the mini comic he is shown to be thanking those who voted and made a short victory speech. While Friedrich sat alone in a laundry mat with a fuzzy fellow named Ultra Satan.
Gaians were able to vote during the debate and receive an item.
- Binder full of Diedrichs - We bring you whole binders full of Diedrichs.
Criticism & Compliments:Edit
The mini event brought a mix reaction that appeared far more negative than positive. This is due to Diedrich being viewed as a nuisance and has been dubbed a Troll by Gaians. Other Gaians got in on the joke and made proposal threads to rally votes for Diedrich and Friedrich, as well as other not nominated NPC. Popular alternate suggestions for candidates were Waffles the Cat and Carl the Elk.
Those who enjoyed the event liked the flash debate and the item involving Diedrich in a binder, a parody to the quote "Binders full of women." Despite the negative postings being more frequent, Diedrich still manages to pull in those who are fans of his presence.
- ↑ Gaia post THAT'S IT! (More Diedrich Bulls**t? I'm Moving to Canada) Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:10 pm
- ↑ Gaia thread I thought trolling was against the TOS, Gaia. Diedb***h NO Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:35 am
- ↑ Gaia thread THAT'S IT! (More Diedrich Bulls**t? I'm Moving to Canada) Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:46 pm
- ↑ Gaia thread *Why You Should Vote Diedrich* Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:20 pm
- ↑ Gaia thread Anyone But Diedrich For President Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:58 pm
- ↑ Gaia thread You just HAD to insert that f**king rabbit, didn't you? Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:40 pm
- ↑ Gaia thread Diedrich or Fredrich for President? Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:36 pm
- ↑ Gaia thread Carl for President! Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:49 pm
- ↑ Gaia thread That. Was. Hilarious. XD Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:15 pm