| This page is about the policies of the Gaiapedia.|
Gaiapedia policy pages are automatically sorted into this category.
The article is a guideline about uploading images to the Gaiapedia.
- Official media is the preference. Personal images are to be linked from an actual image hosting service.
- Licensing is required for all images. Refer to the drop menu or Category:Images.
- Images should receive descriptive names.
- Avoid uploading duplicate images, unless the upload is of better quality than the current image.
- Use the Summary box to link the original source of the image. Example: "Avatar Ian1".
- Gaian avatars are placed here.
What to knowEdit
- • Human Avatar items and Animal(Paw) Avatar have different naming styles.
- • Humans → *_item_Example.png
- • Animals → *_pawitem_Example.png
- • As shown → Mc_item_Angelic_Halo.png
- • Step one is the prefix for features, flash spaces, shops, items, and some events being abbreviated.
- • Step two is the subject.
- • banner / header / headercut
- • promo / page
- • item / gif
- • avatar / art
- • Step three is the dating which follows the Year Month Date format.
- • As shown → 2k8nov24
- • Step four is the name of the subject thus completing the task.
- • As shown → Ci_banner_2k8nov24_fortuneegg.jpg
Optional image namingEdit
Gaia Games & FeaturesEdit
- • Vday2k for Valentine's Day Event
- • StPD2k for Saint Saint Patrick's Day
- • Easter2k for Easter Day
- • AF2k for April Fools' Day
- • H2k for Halloween Event
- • Xmas2k for Christmas Event
- • Prom2k for Gaia Prom
- • Summer2k for Summer Event
- • Olympics2k for Rejected Olympics
- • Anniv2k for Gaia Anniversary
- • Annu2k for Annual GAIA Ball
Storyline image namingEdit
- • Manga Manga_Title Page_Number
- • As shown → Manga Return of Gino page1.
- • Mini comic_Mini comic Title
- • As shown → Mini comic O RLY (Hat Trick).