Upon loading the game, players must first choose a server, named after locations on the World Map: Aekea, Barton, Bass'ken, Durem, G-Corp, Halloweentown and Von Helson Manor, or they can choose to play alone. After a server has been selected, players have the choice of joining a user created room, similar to those in other games except Pinball rooms can hold up to ten players, or a permanent room. The permanent room names are Anime Cafe, Coco Kitty's Tavern, Dancey Dancey all the time room, G-Corp Secret Lab, Gold Mountain Starlight Lounge, O RLY, Padded Cell, Ping and Pong's Retro Room, Ron Bruise's Room o' Couches, The Abandoned Cookie Factory, The Gamer's Bunker, The Garage, The Hole, Timmy's Ice Cream Parlor, Von Helson Dungeon and Zombiepalooza. There are five rooms to each name, e.g. Anime Cafe 1, Anime Cafe 2 etc. bringing the total to eighty permanent rooms to choose from.
- Please see image on right for instructions.
The pinball table is based on Barton Town, although features from other locations are present. Visible on the table is the Arena, Barton Boutique, Train Station, Gold Mountain, Bass'ken Lake, The Ole Fishing Hole, Gambino Mansion, Bank of Gambino and the Marketplace.
There are various things to hit on the table. The most obvious as a new game starts are the OMG Boxes dotted around. There are Grunnies on the right, if all three are hit then the field multiplier is increased. Characters sometimes wander around, including bots, cows and Rock Puppy. Gambino's Mansion on the left can be destroyed and rebuilt, earning gold to spend in Barton Boutique for power-ups. If the mansion is destroyed and rebuilt four times, Von Helson Mansion will appear, and if the ball is hit into it the player has the chance to defeat Vladimir Von Helson and the Von Helson Sisters by lighting up all the letters that spell VON HELSON. This extra level is very difficult and so yields a high point bonus if successfully completed.
Power-ups obtained from Barton Boutique are added to the player's inventory and can be sold if not used in game.
The most obvious plot reference is the destroying/rebuilding process of Gambino Mansion. The mansion on the Isle de Gambino has been destroyed four times by an explosion, the tower collapsing, a fire, and UFOs breaking in. To destroy the mansion, the player must first hit all three Vials of Unknown Liquid, and to rebuild, three cans of Red Bino Energy Drink must be cleared. Pictures are on the playing surface too. One of them is a UFO abducting a cow, this appears during the event of the UFO flying about. Along with that, on the right side of the surface are three Grunnies with their own picture. The images on the right also change to show scenes from past manga and miscellaneous Gaia art.
After obtaining power-ups from the in-game Barton Boutique, they are added to the plater's inventory and can be sold if not used in game.
- Arm Floaties: Save your pinball at the last second with these Floaties. Very stylish.
- Insurance Policy: Turn on the side drain kickbacks with an insurance policy. I saved money by switching, and you can too.
- Sticky Paddle: Keeps your pinball stuck to the paddles. How'd it get sticky?
- Fishing Net: Upgrades your fish targets instantly! Not for catching bugs.
- Bag of Marbles: Instant Multiball! Triple your pleasure, triple your fun!
- Fool's Gold: Adds to your multiplier. Great for Gold Farmers.
- Stuffed Armadillo: The ultimate pinball upgrade, an extra ball. The rare stuffed armadillo's natural predator is the stuffed rattlesnake.
Pinball prizes are awarded if a certain score is reached at the end of the game. If, for example, 2,000,000 points are reached, the player would earn both the Armadillo Pinball and Bullseye Shirt, as well as gold.
- 1,000,000 points - Bullseye Shirt: A target top for players with skills.
- 2,000,000 points - Armadillo Pinball: The armadillo. One of the few animals that can turn into a ball.
- 5,000,000 points - Steel Pinball Head: You're so hard headed.
- 15,000,000 points - Gaia Pinball machine: Exciting !!!