The Exchange Bugs (properly titled Bug Exchange) is located in the Durem Depot in the town of Durem. Shopkeeper Moira will take the bugs Gaians catch in towns and produce vials of ink in return. With this ink, Gaians can go to Exchange Flowers in Buttercup Cafe to dye the paper of flower bouquets or they can Exchange Inks in Skin Tyte to mix inks to create different colors or give to Devin for him to create tattoos.
- Common bugs that share the same color (i.e red) can be combined to make said ink; as long as the combined total is fifty.
- Example: 30 Red Beetles + 11 Red Dragonfly + 9 Red Butterfly = 50 bugs with the same color element (Red). Therefore resulting in 1 Vial of Red Ink.
- Rare bugs can be exchanged for more than one vial of ink; besides the Purple Fly.
- Mixing inks for "special color inks" (such as pink) is free and can be done at Skin Tyte
|Color||Ink||Common bug||Rare bug||Combining ink|
|Black Ink||50 Cicada, 50 Firefly, 50 House Fly||1 Demonfly, 1 Great Monarch, 1 Rhino Beetle, 1 The Whistler||×|
|Blue Ink||50 Blue Beetle, 50 Blue Butterfly, 50 Blue Dragonfly||×||×|
|Brown Ink||50 Brown Beetle, 50 Cricket||1 Rhino Beetle||1 Red Ink, 1 Green Ink|
|Gold Ink||×||1 Golden Legs||1 Yellow Ink, 1 White Ink|
|Green Ink||50 Grasshopper, 50 Green Dragonfly||1 Golden Legs||1 Yellow Ink, 1 Blue Ink|
|Orange Ink||×||1 Great Monarch||5 Red Ink, 5 Yellow Ink|
|Pink Ink||×||×||5 Red Ink, 1 White Ink|
|Purple Ink||×||1 Purple Fly||5 Blue Ink, 5 Red Ink|
|Red Ink||50 Red Fly, 50 Red Beetle, 50 Red Butterfly, 50 Red Dragonfly||1 Purple Fly, 1 Demonfly||×|
|White Ink||×||1 Great Monarch||5 Red Ink, 5 Blue Ink, 5 Green Ink|
|Yellow Ink||50 Yellow Butterfly||1 Golden Legs, 1 The Whistler||×|
- Gaians view the exchange of bugs to ink to be humorous as no one is sure how the ink is created.