Diedrich and the Easter Bunny are in a full-on Easter egg finding feud, and each of them wanted Gaians help. There were hidden eggs around Gaia, some easier to find than others. Gaians who scooped up eggs for their team--won Diedrich and Easter Bunny items--by poking around.
As soon as Gaians signed on to the site they were introduced to the event by receiving a Gaia Achievements badge as well as a hidden bunny.
- Apr 18
Bunnyfire of the Vanities (Easter 2011: Bunnyfire of the Vanities)
- Apr 19
Diedrich Everlasting (Easter 2011: Diedrich Everlasting)
- Apr 27
- Apr 18
Event soft launch
- Apr 18
- Apr 18
- Apr 22
The battle for Easter supremacy rages on!
- Apr 25
- Apr 27
Announcement of winning team: E-Corp
- May 05
zOMG! Easter event begins
[NPC] Cindy Donovinh: AnnouncementsEdit
This just in: while Easter on Gaia is traditionally a time of togetherness and egg-collection, 2011's festivities have been overshadowed by conflict! Diedrich, the eccentric talking Grunny who captured Gaia's heart last year, announced his plans to host the Easter egg hunt this year-- but malevolent mascot The Easter Bunny has returned from seclusion, and he's insisting that the egg hunt is his domain!
This mascot battle has led to a major dilemma: should Gaians participate in the Easter Bunny's egg hunt for the sake of tradition, or risk explosive reprisals by following Diedrich? The choice is yours-- but choose wisely, because you can't change your mind later!
As usual, you can also visit our Easter Event forum for some fun and festivity:
A note from the Gaia team - During the egg hunt, we know it's the legendary pinnacle of Internet hilarity to put fake eggs in your posts so people click on them and get frustrated. However, we're petty, fun-hating tyrants and we'll ban the pants off of repeat offenders. Thanks!
The battle for Easter supremacy rages on! Gaians have collected thousands of eggs for the gregarious, fact-hemorrhaging Diedrich and that beloved cybernetic madman, the Easter Bunny-- our survey indicates that Diedrich is in the lead, with 49,112 eggs collected. The Easter Bunny is close behind, with 46,792.
If you still haven't chosen a side, now's the time-- both parties are offering their own event items to the dedicated hunters who find all of their hidden eggs. Plus, the team that collects the most eggs will get an exclusive victory item!
Gaia's Easter event has concluded, and we have our winner! Although slightly more people chose to be on Diedrich's team, the gregarious Grunny's followers just didn't have the gumption to achieve victory-- the Easter Bunny's team collected 4,213,443 eggs, while Diedrich's team only found 3,915,944.
The Easter Bunny's followers will be rewarded with a free victory item. However, Diedrich's team fought valiantly, so his followers will get a little consolation prize, too.
For the last word in this year's Easter rumble, check out this mini-comic:
[NPC] admin: AnnouncementEdit
Great news, everyone: zOMG!'s 2012 Easter Event is super early! Yeah, that's our story, and we're sticking to it.
There's a bunch of fun stuff to do, including new badges, an egg hunt across the game's combat zones and some new recipes that let you craft some exclusive event items. Once in a while, the eggs will even hatch a little peeping buddy that will follow you around for a little while.
To join the extremely early Easter fun, head to zOMG! and start hunting eggs. It only lasts through May 18th, so get in while you can.
The winner was the Easter Bunny with team E-Corp. The Easter Bunny proudly boost of his victory but Diedrich feels that he truly won due to being able partake of millions of leftover eggs.
- This event involved doing various task to collect little bunnies, which would then accumulate around the avatar. Collecting 40 bunnies would reward Gaians with three Gaia Achievement badges and a simplified item version of the bunnies.
- The egg hunting event involved Gaians choosing a side to collect eggs for, the amount of eggs resulted in two reward items from the team leader. The maximum amount of Eggs that could be collected on both teams was 255.
|Choose a Side||Bunnies Found: 1|
|Mini Comic||Eggs Collected: 0 Chosen Side: Please Choose / Diedrich / E-Corp|
- General Error
- You can only collect 1 thing at a time! (Please single click when collecting.)
- Click here to return
- General Error
- You have reached the maximum number of grants. Easter eggs will no longer appear for you.
Team leader QuotesEdit
Event items: Gaia EasterEdit
Collect 40 bunnies
- Bunnepidemic - CONTAIN THE OUTBREAK!
Collect 50 eggs
- Easter 2K11 Diedrich's Lab Glasses - Did you know that not wearing glasses in the lab can lead to severe cases of ocular combustion! / well.... / Goodbye now!
- Easter 2k11 Robotic Bunny Ears - Warning: For indoor or outdoor use only.
Collect 150 eggs - total of 200
- Easter 2k11 Diedrich Professor Suit - Suit does not guarantee to make you any smarter.
- Easter 2k11 E-Corp Lab Coat - Join the ranks of the E-Corp elite with this sharp yet oddly fluffy lab coat.
Event items: SpecialEdit
- Easter 2K11 Monarch of Easter - You won Easter!
(Winning prize for team E-Corp)
- How to win friends and NOT FAIL - by DIEDRICH / I WROTE IT / ME
(Consolation prize for Team Diedrich)
Event Items: zOMGEdit
- CheepzCheep - cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep
- Recipe: Cheepz
- Recipe Ingredients: (2x) Easter Fluff Ball / (3x) Plastic Grass / (5x) Jelly Bean
- Basketh'Loo - Don't you see? The eggs, the bunnies, the baskets, they have nothing to do with our beliefs in Easter. These traditions go back further... to a dark time before human memory, when-- no! You must not learn its eldritch roots! Any man who gazes into the truth about Easter will have his sanity flayed from within his very skull!
- Recipe: zOMG Basketh'Loo
- Recipe Ingredients: (6x) Easter Fluff Ball / (15x) Plastic Grass / (9x) Jelly Bean
- Bunny Fluff Plushie - This fluffy dust bunny was tired of hiding under your bed!
- Recipe: Bunny Fluff Plushie - This recipe lets you create the Bunny Fluff Plushie.
- Recipe Ingredients: (40x) Easter Fluff Ball / (24x) Plastic Grass / (16x) Jelly Bean
- Golden Egg - Egg-tastic!
- Regal Adornment (Golden Egg) - Legend spoke of a King's enchanted hen who laid golden eggs so dense that it took the effort of a small village just to crack it open, revealing the riches inside. The entire kingdom prospered and flourished from the bounty of treasure contained inside these magnificent eggs. That is of course until the day a traveling merchant had a strong craving for some chicken...
- Ring: Fortune's Favor - This ring bestows its wearer with the luck of a golden rabbit, increasing the amount of loot they are rewarded with.
- Jelly Bean - Bean-tastic!
- Plastic Grass - Grass-tastic!
- Easter Fluff - ...
Criticism & Compliments:Edit
Since egg hunting has become quite regular for Gaia Easters the review for it this year was mostly negative for the egg hunting as Gaians felt it took too long to collect the amount of eggs needed for a reward and also support their team, which was a new part for an Easter event. Even though the appearance of an egg was random and functioned the same for all, some Gaians thought that the amount of time before another egg to appear was spaced too far, even mistaking the process of collecting being exclusive to the Easter forum. This is false criticism as egg collecting was site wide except for Guilds, which events in general never included the guild feature. There was also criticism over the amount of eggs each side was collecting for which team, each side believing that the event was rigged in favor of which ever character was not chosen.
The collection of bunnies was complimented for being clever and interactive, it was a new aspect to Gaia events and incorporated an overlay. The review for the items were mixed as they were not Easter themed compared to previous items.
Glitches & ProblemsEdit
- One of the forty-four bunnies (the Hipster Bunny) was invisible for 3 days due to a minor link error.
- The obtaining of the 'Like Bunny' caused confusion due to its design holding the Facebook logo and color. Gaians interpreted that the bunny was gotten by connecting their Gaia account to their Facebook account, clicking the Facebook square on the navigation bar, or liking a thread. As it turned out the bunny was gotten by clicking on the Starz Anime Player page, however, Gaians outside of the USA noticed the page would not load for them.
- From April 20th onward there were reports of a slight miss count of eggs. When an egg was collected the total on the reward page would show one less egg compared to the event forum banner, it usually took another egg to have the real total which was likely the reward page total.
- Apr 18
Launch in progress. The event will be rolling out slowly, look for the announcement to know when roll-out is complete.
- Apr 18
Easter 2011 
The Easter event launch is currently in progress. Launch will be complete once the announcement goes out.
- Side Choosing
- Scavenger Hunt
- Wing Stickers
Currently the bunny hunt is active, you can't actually see them, making them a bugger to find. They are granted by visiting different areas of the site, work with other users to figure out what those areas are!
- Apr 18
The Easter event has launched!
For collecting bunnies, you can't actually see them, making them a bugger to find. They are granted by visiting different areas of the site, work with other users to figure out what those areas are!
Barring any site issues, the event is scheduled to run until Monday April 25.
- Apr 26
Easter Event Over
Hey guys, the Easter event has (obviously) ended. Our team of Advanced Decimal Manipulation Engineers (Team ADME) is working hard to sum up the event and declare a winner. When they finish we will award the winning team their item and announce it to all the world MUAHAHAHAHAHA *cough* *cough*...
The item grants will probably take a couple of days but once complete you may stand proud as Easters victor.
- Apr 27
Easter Rewards are Going Out
Now that the winners of the Easter Event have been announced, the victors are receiving their spoils! The Monarchs of Easter should be granted within the day to everyone who collected eggs for the Easter Bunny. To commemorate the losers' participation in the event, those who foolishly followed Diedrich to failure shall get runners-up prizes.
- Apr 28
Easter Rewards Have Gone Out
Congratulations to the robo-winners, and better luck next time to the small, green, valedictory runners-up. All of the secondary prizes for participating in the Easter Egg hunt have been granted, and those lucky enough to have been caught in the crossfire when the Easter Bunny was spraying additional prizes get to keep them. Congratulations all around on a successful Easter event.
- Apr 28
Hidden Easter Bonus!
The Easter Bunny and Diedrich have issued a joint statement alerting users that some of their secondary rewards were accidentally hidden along with the Easter eggs, and they need to go looking for them. Any users that should have gotten their Fail Book and Easter Crown but did not will receive, but not today. Probably tomorrow. Enjoy!
- Apr 30
Fat Diedrich and the Easter Bunny have issued a joint statement alerting all Gaians that the second batch of Easter items have gone out, and everyone that participated has been given their items. Have a good weekend!
- Originally the idea for the event did not include the robo Easter Bunny, as Gaia Staff believed him to be an unpopular character among Gaians. However, a fanthread and suggestions convinced staff enough to incorporate him into the event. It is unknown how the original event would have gone if not for Gaian influence.
- In the Mini-Comic, "Bunnyfire of the Vanities", the scenario plays out similar to the Christmas 2k6 event, wherein a character volunteered to do the task for an Event due to the Holiday character not being present. In that case it was Zurg Alien 02 who played Santa Claus due to Santa being a cow at the time.
- In the Mini-Comic, "Diedrich Everlasting", it is discovered that Diedrich may possibly be impervious to damage and maybe death.
- Gaians usually associate the robo Easter Bunny with explosions due to his handing out of exploding Clock Eggs during the Easter 2k8 event. This event also included the item Robotic Bunny Ears exploding when a Gaian posed a certain way.
- This is the fifth time for the Quote Transmitted Disease to appear. The bunnies collected would accumulate around the avatar, the bunnies would also shift positions every time the page was refreshed.
- The Easter eggs were done in theme of which ever team was chosen. For this Easter event the eggs appeared near the top of a forum or thread, instead of scattered around in various direction. Having the eggs near the top was an attempt to prevent fake egg scamming.
- A common rumor and fast spread action that happens during Easter egg hunting is the trigger / keyword word rumor and the timed rumor. The trigger rumor starts off with a few threads by Gaians stating that eggs will appear if Easter related words are typed. This action is proven false as the eggs appear randomly all over the site and no Easter event has ever had a trigger word for an egg to appear.
- The timed rumor comes from Gaians believing that a certain amount of time must pass before collecting an egg. This is proven false as eggs can appear randomly at any moment and even one after another if the user did the Click here to return instead of right clicking on the egg to open a new window/tab and closing it, thus not knowing if another egg would have been present.
- E CORP
- zOMG! Wiki / zOMG! Easter 2011
- Gaia Forum: Easter 2011
- Announcement (Thread): Easter 2011
- Announcement: Easter 2011: Choose Your Side!
- Announcement: Easter 2011: The Battle Rages On!'
- Announcement: Easter 2011: The Hunt is Over!
- Announcement: The zOMG! Easter Event is Here!
- Gaia Marketplace: 2k11 Easter
Note: The links are only here for history purposes, the pages may or may not be available upon being clicked.