Daily Chance was released in August 14, 2006, possibly due to numerous users asking for free stuff in the Site Feedback forum.
On each of Gaia's landing pages an animated image of a vending machine with items inside appears on the right side of the banner; upon clicking it the user receives a gift. Gifts range from games items, to small amounts of gold, to shop items, to Daily Chance-only items. In the majority of the time prizes are of little value depending on ones personal preference of the prize received.
Daily Chance ItemsEdit
Note that this is just a brief list of items that can be found exclusively in the Daily Chance, as the possibilities of items are vast.
- Fish Bait (grade F, D, and A)
- Various Gaia Aquarium items
- Various Housing items
- Various Gaia Shop items, commonly cheap
- Various Trash pieces
- Bugs of a variety in species/colors
- Flowers of variety colors
- Gaia Aquarium Fish (outside of Phin Phang)
- Game Token of different amounts
- Gold of different amounts (ranging from 5g or more, normally in increments of five. The highest common is 10,000 gold)
- Inks of various colors (blue, yellow, brown, black, white, red, green, gold)
- Langer the Dragon Plush
- Spartan Gloves
- Spartan Sandals
- NPC Underwear
- Skittles Facepaint
- Michael's Memory
- RIP Conan
- Blood Knight Helmet
- Blessed Stellarite
- Babydoll set
- Baby's Breath Bow
- Lunaire's Polearm
- Millennium Director
- Valentine Hearts
- Titan's Legacy
- Troll Amulet
- Plumber's belt
- Black Silk Boxers
- Various Alchemy components
- New Age Remembrance
- Burning Book
- Moon Man
- Alchemist's Case
- Silicon Pirate
- Philosopher's Cache
- When first released, it gave out many unreleased flowers (presumably from unreleased Gaia Towns regions), as well as rare fish. These items were turned into crumpled newspaper by the admins, but the rare fish masks that were made before this happened were not changed.
- A sneak peak of the Monthly Collectible Mini UFO was revealed a few hours early, some users receiving one pose of it from Daily Chance. Good luck finding evidence for it, though. Fleep cleaned up after causing this glitch.
What is seen upon an items reveal
Your Reward Is...
Get better items by logging in daily!
Don't forget... you can visit the Home, My Gaia, Shops, Forums, World, and Games pages each day to collect more daily rewards!
+_ bonus for logging in _+ of past _ days.
message 2 - 11/30
You have a chance at better items because you logged in for at least _ out of the last _ days.
- Alchemy Component - You've gotten a component! Components can be used along with formulas to craft new items using Item Alchemy You can find out what it can be used for, or exchange it with another Gaian in the Item Alchemy forum or just sell it on the Marketplace.
- Crumpled (color) Construction Paper - Bright, heavy weight paper that seems like it may have another use in the near future.
- Aquarium Item - You got an aquarium item! / Go to your aquarium now to customize your tank.
- Gold - Gold is the currency of the Gaia world. You can use it to buy new fashions for your avatar, buy decorations for your home, or trade it with friends.
- Gold - Gold is the currency of the Gaia world. You earn it by using Gaia, including posting in Discussion Forums and trading items with other members. You can use it to buy new fashions for your avatar, buy decorations for your home, or trade it with friends.
- Gold - What an odd amount of gold! Gold is the currency of the Gaia world. You can use it to buy new fashions for your avatar, buy decorations for your home, or trade it with friends.
- 20,000,000 Gold! - You have a chance at better items because you logged in for at least 6 out of the last 7 days.
- Grade (F,D,A) Fish Bait - Gaia has lakes where you can go fish! Reel in fish and other prizes, and exchange them for other rewards.
- #x Grade (F,D,A) Fish Bait - Hey, that's a lot of bait! /Gaia has lakes where you can go fish! Reel in fish and other prizes, and exchange them for other rewards.
- Ink - Inks can be used to color flowers and papers, which in turn can be made into bouquets for your avatar and your home.
- Tickets - You can earn tickets from playing games and exchange them in the "Prize and Joy" shop for special items!
- Tokens - You can use tokens to play slots and cards at Gold Mountain to win cool prizes!
- The URL for Daily Chance has dailycandy in it.
- During Halloween in 2007, it was named Daily Scare. The vending claw was a spider, and some items shown inside the machine changed: one of Jack's Grab Bags from 2005, a moving red beetle and a Ghosty that would disappear and then reappear replaced some of the usual items.
- Originally the Daily Chance "Don't Forget..." message mentioned going to the "Community" page, it was removed in 2012 due to the Community tab no longer existing.
- Announcement: New Header + Daily Chance!
- Announcement: Bug in Daily Chance and Item Reversal
- Announcement: Daily Chance ... surprising new stuff O_o;
- Announcement (Nov/15/12): Daily Chance Updates
- Announcement (Nov/19/12): Changes Coming to the Daily Chance
- Site Notice Dec/03/14 Daily Chance Update
- Site Notice Dec/05/14 Daily Chance & Achievements