It is used among Gaia Staff for humor purposes and eventually introduced to the community.
"Congrazzles" is seen on the pop up screen for Gaia Achievements. It appeared at the end of the Summer 2k10 event when Gaians successfully brought supplies to the demi god, and also appeared at the end of The World of Style registry flash story. It use to appear on the help page of the now defunct feature, Bid Blast.
- Topic I hate the word "congrazzles". - Posted: Ling Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:41 pm
I don't think anyone here at Gaia intentionally uses "Congrazzles!" in a condescending manner toward our community. It's not going away.
- Topic I hate the word "congrazzles". - Posted: Cashmere Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:53 pm
Here is the story behind "Congrazzles." It's not meant to talk down to anyone, it's just sort of an intentionally stupid running joke on the site.
Back in the early days, I was the only writer and Brunosmad was one of the only designers, so we were responsible for the content of just about every page. One time, we were working on some kind of fairly inconsequential project (I don't remember exactly what it was), but there was some kind of requirement in the project specifications for a "you have completed this minor action successfully" screen. We decided to go ridiculously overboard on it, even though it was just a confirmation screen for some very minor task, so we zazzed it up with all kinds of sparkles. I came up with "CONGRAZZLES" as the text, because it's a goofy made-up word befitting of such a page. Our intent was just to amuse people with a way-too-intense confirm screen, and it kind of spread to the rest of the site over the years. As Ling said, it's probably here to stay.
- Topic I hate the word "congrazzles". - Posted: Panagrammic Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:48 pm
Trust me, Anora, if you'd met our writers, you'd understand that they're not in the position to talk down to anyone.
(Actually, I kid, I kid -- our writers are great, and don't mean to be condescending at all. However, they get all the perks, and eventually their forgotten bread crumbs and discarded coffee cups make their way down to the dungeons where the development team labors. We save it for our Christmas feast).
- Gaia's developers registered a website of the same name.
- Some Gaians left feedback stating the dislike of the word being presented to them, feeling it was talking down to them or being a rather childish term.
- ↑ http://www.dictionary.com/browse/congratulations
- ↑ https://www.domain-name-registered.com/2010/4/6/index154.html