The event was an 'End of the World' theme based on the superstition of December 2012 and the Mayan calender. More Overview to come
- December 13
- Apocalypsmas forum opens to the public
- December 14
- Mini-Event 2k12: 12 Days of Gaia begins
- December 21
- Christmas 2k12 begins
- Wing Sticker appears
- December 25
- 12 Days of Gaia ends
- January 05
- Apocalypsmas ends
[NPC] Cindy DonovinhEdit
Gaians were able to carol in Gaia Shops to earn Spirited clothing, there were shops to carol 22 in total, the exclusions were the La Victoire and Mecha Neko. There was no caroling options for Gaia Towns this year.
- Spirited 2k12 Sugarmint Clip - A tasty looking hair clip.
- Spirited 2k12 Sugarmint Mittens - A pair of candy stripe mittens.
- Spirited 2k12 Sugarmint Scarf - A fancy candy stripe scarf.
- Spirited 2k12 Sugarmint Pants - A sparkly candy stripe pants.
- Spirited 2k12 Sugarmint Shirt - A sparkly festive shirt.
- Spirited 2k12 Sugarmint Boots - A festive pair of boots.
- Spirited 2k12 Sugarmint Coat - To keep you snugly warm!
- Spirited 2k12 Sugarmint Tophat - A sparkly little tophat with a mistletoe. Pucker up!
- Xmas 2k12 Bell Choir Gloves - Let holiday cheer ring through the streets!
- Xmas 2k12 Festive Poinsettia Dress - Wear this flowery dress to a holiday party!
- Xmas 2k12 Festive Poinsettia Coat - A festive holiday jacket inspired by poinsettias.
- Xmas 2k12 Bah! Humbug! - You're a total scrooge!
12 Days of GaiaEdit
- Leftover Tin Foil Hat - You're a total fruitcake, buddy, really nutty!
- Rudolph Gasmask - And if you ever say it, you would even say it glows~! But hopefully not with dangerous radiation.
- Mutated Snowman - Don't eat the glowing snow.
- Four Ponies of the Apocalypse - Survival is Magic!
- Doomsday Party Placard - The end is gonna be so fly, bro.
- Hoarded Snack Cakes - They might survive the apocalypse, but they won't survive your tummy!
- DOOM Party Glasses - I'm in the MOOD for DOOM!
- Holiday Bunker - Chestnuts roasting on a barrel fire...
- Mrs. Claws Sweater - I survived the Apocalypse, and all I got was this stupid Mrs. Claws sweater. Well, maybe if I wear it ironically...
- Holiday Feast - Good thing I had all those cans of emergency pumpkin pie filling in my fallout shelter!
- Ultra Satan Slippers - Thank you Sata—I mean Santa!
- Wintry Snowglobe - Captive in a winter wonderland~!
32 Wing Stickers
- Apocalyptic Explosion - What do you know, they were right!
What NPCs said when Gaians clicked to their shop to collect candy, presented Alphabetically.
Criticism & ComplimentsEdit
The biggest criticism with this event was in how bleak it was. This event was meant to poke fun at the Mayan calendar coming to an end, and the rumored end of the world that was to accompany it, so the theme and rewards had a 'doom and gloom', survivalist, apocalypse feel, that most users said, "really killed the Christmas spirit". Items released after December 21st were more 'traditional Christmas' in nature, but again, most users claimed that the effort was, "too little, too late". Many users felt that the apocalypse theme should have been undertoned, rather than being the focus of a Christmas event, and that because of this, it was repeatedly stated that this was the worst Christmas for Gaia to date.
Glitches & ProblemsEdit
Glitches: Site & ForumEdit
- During caroling for Spirited 2k12 items, upon completion Gaians received last years items instead. This was later corrected.
- During Apocalypsmas the event was adjusted twice, the reasons were unexplained. However, it was likely done to adjust the speed at which Gaians were completing the event.
- In the beginning it took 100 energy to receive an ornament. It was later upped to 1000, and then lowered to 300. The percentages for the activity of gaining energy were also altered.
- Like Halloween 2k12, since the towns creation, there was no activity to gain items in Gaia Towns, as it is obsolete. This is because Gaia was focusing on building up Gaia Towns 2.
- This year a new feature was added to caroling, it involved red music note that marked each shop's icon. Once a shop was caroled, the note would disappear. This helped Gaians remember which shop they left off with.
- During the event, there were posting styles for the event forum. These would change from stars to skulls depending on how the ornament was handled after collecting energy.
Gallery: NPCs in CostumeEdit
Gallery NPC: Christmas
- ↑ Caroling requirements, 22*8 = 176 times. Waiting time, 30 seconds between each shop.
- ↑ staff notices Caroling item grant
- ↑ staff notices Apocalypsmas changes
- ↑ staff notices Giveaway Contest!
- ↑ staff notices Happy New Year Gaia!
- ↑ staff notices Xmas Event Ending Friday!
- ↑ staff notices End of Apocalypsmas
- ↑ Gaia post: Towns are closing and no caroling/trick-or-treating?! -gasp- Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:18 pm
- Gaia Forum: Apocalypsmas
- Announcement: 12 Days of Xmas: Claim Your Free Gifts!
- Announcement: Apocalypsmas Approaches!
- Announcement: Apocalypsmas Rules & Guidelines
- Announcement: The Apocalypse: What Do YOU Think?
- Sticky: "The 12 Days of Siskmas" giveaway contest! WIN PRIZES! <3
- Sticky: Don't forget to grab your daily Wing Sticker!
- Sticky: Modmas 2012 - Contests, Art, Free Gifts, and Fun!
- Sticky: Modmas 2012 - Deck the Halls - Winners announced!
- Sticky: Xmas 2012 - How To